Page updated 5th October 2020
Our Most Recent Updates:
Booking Availability & Locations
We are still taking bookings subject to the current weather conditions. We still have all of our usual Covid safe measures in place (not sharing vehicles with other customers where possible, masks obligatory in the vehicles, hand sanitizer provided etc.)
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to get booked in!
The Ultimate Team
Covid-19 and Canoe Hire
Can I Canoe and Kayak whilst socially distancing?
Yes! In fact, canoeing or kayaking is probably one of the best options when it comes to a day out whilst wanting to social distance. We are now working hard on implementing on a range of new procedures following the government release of the “Covid-19 Secure Guidelines“. This will ensure that both our customers and our staff are at the absolutely minimum risk possible from any transmission or infection of Coronavirus during their activity with us.
We will notify all customers before their trip of any extra equipment (e.g. face coverings) we will require they bring to their paddling trip.
Cafe – Available for Takeaway
The Paddlers Rest – Takeaway
The cafe will be open, but just for takeaway until the government releases further advice.
We have a plan in place of how to run our cafe smoothly whilst ensuring our staff and customers stay safe whilst enjoying a drink or snack..
Cancellation or postponing a previous booking
Cancelling or Postponing a Current Booking
We understand that your circumstances might have changed due to Covid-19, and therefore you might need to change your booking.
If you haven’t been invoiced yet, you can cancel or move your booking without charge.
If you have been invoiced, paid a deposit or the full amount and would like to postpone, we can move your booking to any suitable date in 2020 or 2021 with no extra charge.
If you have paid in full and wish to cancel, your 20% non-refundable deposit will be lost in accordance with our Terms and Conditions. If you have paid in full, the remainder that you would get back depends on the number of days notice you have given us. This is all set out on the Terms and Conditions.
Changes for Customers
Covid-19 Changes for our Customers
We have updated our risk assessments and procedures for canoe/kayak/SUP hire to take into account the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak.
These are being continually updated to reflect the latest government advice, but will include (not limited to) measures such as:
- Customers may be required to wear face coverings
- Customers may be turned away if they show symptoms of Coronavirus
- Customers may be restricted from using our transport as usual
- Customers may be split into smaller groups
- Customers might be limited to 2 people (rather than 3) allowed to use a canoe
Each customer will receive advice from us before their paddle.
Changes to our Procedures
Covid-19 Changes to our Procedures
Our staff will be trained to implement a range of changes to our normal procedures. These will include (not limited to):
- Whenever possible, respecting a minimum of 2m distance between themselves and other staff or customers
- Wearing a mask
- Washing hands and using hand gel on a regular basis
- Ensuring that each day, no kit (e.g. boats or buoyancy aids) are used for more than one person
- Cleaning all kit thoroughly at the end of each day
- Splitting groups for small groups for briefings
- Cleaning and disinfecting all transport after each use and at the end of the day
- On busy days, working in teams of two, restricting contact with other staff members
Are multi-day trips possible?
Are Multi-day Trips Possible?
At the moment, campsites, hotels and B&B’s are all closed, so making a multi-day trip is not advised. However we envisage this to change in July when the government is aiming to let the hospitality sector open again.